Columbia Youth Home (CYH)
• Accepts statewide referrals from approved state agencies in South Carolina.
• Services males ages 11-21.
• Programming based on the individual needs of the clients.
• Program focus is to transition residents to a less restrictive environment and promote
• Individual, group, and family therapy is conducted on site.
• Off-site Clinical Day Program/School services are available with referral.
• Independent Living Program Component which includes: employment opportunities, off-site
GED program, trade programs, technical school or college placement upon obtaining GED
or High School Diploma.
• 24 hour resident supervision provided by staff that hold a degree and have experience
working with this particular population.
• Video surveillance to provide a safe and secure environment for residents.
• 24 hour on-call clinical crisis intervention.
**Do you have a report of sexual abuse, harrasment, or misconduct at the
Columbia Youth Home you would like to report?
Click here to contact the PREA Coordinator.
Intensive Family Services (IFS)
• AWS offers time limited interventions delivered within the home and community environment.
• Clinical services are delivered using a Family Group Decision model.
• Coordination and linkage to community services and resources are available.
• Offers Crisis Management to help stabilize clients in the home environment.